Monday 26 February 2018

Back in the Saddle

Apologies to any readers out there for my long absence. I could not log in to the blog due to technical difficulties which are now, happily, resolved. I see my last post was January 5th. A lot of gaming has gone on since then that I was unable to capture on the blog. Here is a bit of a summary.

Chain of Command

I have gained some interest from a fellow gamer to play these rules on a regular basis. He is collecting in 15mm. I have both 28mm and 15mm. We are playing the 29LetsGo campaign. First game this Saturday so stay tuned.

28mm set up for first battle of 29LetsGo
 Jump off Points built
 Minefield
 Allied Road of approach

Below is a picture of my new barbed wire in 28mm. I give credit to The Terrain Tutor (youtube) for the material ideas and instruction. I used tile spacers and ordered up cheap barbed wire material that is way less expensive then the same wire listed by hobby sites.


Blast marker for artillery strikes or vehicle explosions. Fun to make and look the part. Thanks again Terrain Tutor. 


We are preparing for episode 7 of our D&D campaign. We have just completed the heavily modified and venerable "Village of Hommlet" module. To that end I have been painting my ancient collection of fantasy models as well as acquiring new ones. Mostly Dungeons & Dragons Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures. These figs come in blisters of usually two to a pack. They are cheap and characterful. Here are some new editions...

Ox and Cart 

town guards, bards and dragonkin
 3 ghouls (Black Tree Design) and Zombies
 Familiars
 Umber Hulk

Ogre - Black Tree Design
 Giant - GW

 Crates - Black Tree Design
I built some dungeon doorways and some new scatter for D&D - bunches of fun!
I got to play Ross' test game for Huzzah. Details on his blog Battle Game of the Month. I was defending with the French and had fun with an armored car.



I pimped out my fields by adding bases and flock. I also built 8 feet of these fences to go with my stone fences.

Not sure what else to say except it is good to be back. 




4 comments: